You don’t get to be the best HVAC St George Utah without taking steps to help your customers save their money. So even though summer is about over and school is quickly approaching, there are, it’s not too late to help you guys save some cash on your air conditioning bills. With that being said, take these tips from the best HVAC St George Utah and then use the money you save to get yourself something nice.
Money-Saving Tips From The Best HVAC St George Utah
- Get underground — You probably know that the lower you are in the home, the cooler it will be. It might be worth changing your routine at home so you are spending as much time as possible in the basement or lower levels of the home. Doing this would likely allow you to set your thermostat a little higher without noticing any difference in your comfort.
- Block the sun — Blinds or shades covering your windows will go a long way toward keeping sunlight from streaming in and heating up the home. You could even go so far as planting trees in strategic locations to cover those windows with shade.
- Don’t cook inside — Obviously, using your stovetop and oven add heat to your home. This adds to the work your air conditioner has to do. You can reduce this by cooking outside or using alternative methods to cook inside. Using items like a crockpot or griddle won’t put out near as much heat.
- Insulation — Many parts of your home can let heat in or cool air out. If you don’t have things insulated properly, it might be worth your investment to do so.
- Go solar — Solar panels are becoming more popular. Get some installed on your roof and you can steal energy from the sun to power your home. This should cut your costs dramatically. However, the price of panels and how much you will save may be different for each situation.
- A programmable thermostat — These thermostats can do a lot of the work for you. When set properly, they’ll reduce your energy use by adjusting the temperatures when you aren’t home. Many of them can even be controlled with an app on your phone.
- New windows — An upgrade to your windows may very well make your home much more energy-efficient. If you don’t have energy-efficient windows, this is another situation that will cost you money initially but should be worth it in the long run.
- Seal those windows — Speaking of your windows … make sure they are sealed properly. If they are leaking air then your air conditioning system is going to have more work to do. Consider using weather stripping or caulking to keep the air when you want it to be.
- Routine maintenance — Give Alpine Temperature Control a call and schedule a maintenance visit. Maintaining a heating and/or air conditioning unit can mean money in your pocket. An unmaintained unit can cost an arm and a leg. We perform maintenance on all makes and models. We also offer service agreements to make sure you don’t need to replace your unit earlier than needed.
- Ceiling fans — Using fans to circulate the air will help your air conditioner get the job done more efficiently.
- New filters — Here is a bit of air conditioning maintenance that you can do on your own. Keeping up with your filter replacement is vital to keeping dust from blocking the vents and helping with proper air circulation. Filters should be checked every month or so and usually replaced every couple of months.
Here To Help
We have decades of experience which is what makes us best HVAC St George Utah. We also service, repair, maintain, remodel and install all major makes and models of HVAC equipment. Maintaining a heating and/or air conditioning unit can mean money in your pocket. We also offer service agreements to make sure that you don’t need to replace your unit earlier than needed.
The preventative maintenance services offered by an expert can help extend the life of a cooling unit that saves property owners the cost of replacing an air conditioner too soon. For a professional air conditioning repair company, contact Alpine Temperature Control at 435-673-5746.